On one day Fred’s sport world sold 9 Pittsburgh steelers jerseys and 3 Cleveland Browns jerseys for a total of $899.40. The next day they sold 12 Pittsburgh steelers jerseys and 2 Cleveland Browns jerseys for a total of $1139.30. How much is the Pittsburgh steelers jersey and the Cleveland Browns jersey?
My clock chimes two times 15 minutes after the hour, four times 30 minutes after the hour and six times 45 minutes after the hour. The clock also chimes eight times on each hour in addition to chiming the number of times equal to the hour. (So at 2:00 p.m., the clock chimes 8 + 2 = 10 times.) Starting at 12:05 a.m., how many times does the clock chime in a 24-hour period?
In Euclidville, 80% of the families live west of the freeway and the other 20% live east of the freeway. The mean annual income of the families living west of the freeway is $45,000, and the mean annual income of the families living east of the freeway is $40,000. What is the mean annual income for all the families in Euclidville?
Jane averaged her five equally weighted test grades and got 60%. This was wrong because she had entered one grade incorrectly. That incorrect score should have been entered as 80%. If she had used the 80%, her correct average for the five tests would have been 70%. What percent did she incorrectly enter instead of 80%?