Fundraising and Development Director – Tutor for Good seeks a fundraising and development director. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- motivating and facilitating supporters to maximize the funds they raise;
- inspiring new supporters to donate and/or funds, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters;
- organizing traditional activities, such as sponsored outdoor events and house-to-house collections of donated goods and money;
- developing new and imaginative fundraising activities, which may involve organizing events;
- raising awareness of the charity and its work at local and national levels, e.g. by giving talks to groups or seeking photo opportunities with the media;
developing and coordinating web-based fundraising, online auctions and merchandise sales;
- increasing funds by researching and targeting charitable trusts whose criteria match the charity’s aims and activities;
- developing and implementing a strategy for individual and corporate supporter recruitment and development;
- recruiting, organizing and managing volunteers to carry out various functions within the charity;
- overseeing corporate fundraising, including employee giving and matched giving from employers;
- managing and updating databases to record donor contact and preference information;
- writing applications and mail-shots, using direct mailing to reach a wide range of potential and current donors;
- making risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
Hours are flexible and compensation is negotiable. For more information, please contact us.