Tutor for Good, a nonprofit organization, seeks a Director of Information Technology. Although we are located in Tennessee, applicants may reside anywhere in the United States. The Director of Information Technology will oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout the firm, working closely with advocacy staff to assess and address user needs. This position reports to both the CEO and Director of Informatics.
Responsibilities MAY include but are NOT limited to:
* Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, operating systems, software applications, and peripherals.
* Provide expertise and support during systems upgrades, installations, conversions and file maintenance.
* Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
* Work with advocacy staff to develop strategies and plans to enhance client services, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation.
* Communicate regularly with executive management and all users of information services and systems.
* Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written technology documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
* Oversee provision of end-user services, including live chat, help desk, and technical support services.
* Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience, along with advanced technical or managerial credentials, preferred. Ten or more years of progressive IT experience, including experience in a multi-office environment. Experience in working with non-profits and/or legal services organizations preferred. Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical staff, to work with the Executive Management of an organization, and to manage multiple concurrent projects. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects. Strong project management, organizational and time management skills. Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills. A passion, dedication, and motivation for providing students with educational support services is highly preferred.
Hours are flexible and compensation is negotiable. To apply, please upload your resume. For more information, please contact us: http://tutorforgood.org/contact-us/